Monday, April 17, 2006

China


Well, I've decided to take a foreign assignment with the company I work for. They will be sending me to China for about 8-9 months. I leave a week today. A little bit nervous, but I guess thats natural. I'm really looking forward to this, especially learning about a new culture and hopefully learn new language as well! It'll give me some good international experience as well expose me to something completely different than western culture.

I'll be in Shanghai, apparently its the fastest growing city in the world. I've heard nothing but good things. People who have travelled there have said that its a world class city, and I shouldn't have any problems with anything major.

So I work for an Automotive Safety company, specifically Autoliv Electronics. We basically do the electronics for airbags, control modules and sensors. The company on a whole does more than just electronics, they also do pyrotechnics, weaving and other safety related items, but I work for electronics.

China, so much to learn and so much to see, I'll have to plan every weekend with some sort of trip to make the most of the situation so I don't comeback and say I did nothing, I mean one of the benefits for foreign assignments like this should be travel. For example if I ended up in Michigan where could I go? Something like China, though, now we're talking India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, the list goes on and on....

In any case it should be hard work, but if you know me hard work means hard play as well!!!

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home