Saturday, January 06, 2007

Good Faith

So I got back from India and it was awesome! Seeing the entire family, visiting a few friends, going to the Taj Mahal, some temples and spiritual places like Haridwar.
Mumbai and Delhi were amazing cities, Gujarat (Surat and Vadodara) was incredible. I miss it a lot. I also noticed that I had changed. India and China have helped me become more patient, more directed. I have a better attitude, and it was positive!

Realization of positivity

I guess I could get into details but that is not why I decided to wipe the dust off my blog and start writing again.

So why? well.....

I tend to believe the good nature of people. I trust people to do the right thing, even if it is difficult. I almost always get taken advantage of. It happened again. It was the final blow that pushed me over the edge. I got into my car a marauded thru traffic to get home to listen to load angry music. The slower traffic aggravated me more just adding to the already volatile situation. Wishing I had a bazooka strapped to my green Toyota Camry so I can leave little craters in the ground where a car once was. I got home, no causalities except me.

Negativity creeps back in

I have no hidden agenda. I am who am and it is pretty raw, what you see is what you get. I try to expect that people will do the right thing and that there is good in people, but once again I have been proved wrong. I don't want to get into details, but it has a lot to do with my experience with going to China on foreign assignment. I DON'T BLAME anyone but me, cause I should have looked at number 1, me.

Full assault of negativity

So this situation has been frustrating for the past few days.

Sitting at my desk, I try to clean out some junk on my computer, and then I came across a word file, and it was titled Mother Theresa.

Positivity fights back

So I proceeded to open the file, and then began to read it. As I read it ,I remembered that I had typed this a few years ago from a news paper when Mother Theresa had passed on. I remembered thinking wow, these are profound words whether you believe in God or not. So I would like to share it with you.


People are often unreasonable,
Illogical, and self-centred;
Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may
Accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
People may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
Someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and
Happiness they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
People will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
And it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis,
It is between you and God,
It was never between you and them anyway


Then I realized that this was true, and came back to where I was after being in China and India....

Then there was light

.... a more positive person, a better positive attitude, some one who won't let negativity run his life, some one who won't give up on good faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home